Obtaining Damage Assistance from USDA/FSA

Abbey Taylor Top Posts, Weather

Many growers have been asking about the type of assistance they can receive to help with their farm damage from Hurricane Irma.

According to Gary England, director of the Hastings Agricultural Extension Center, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Farm Service Agency (FSA) are still collecting and evaluating damage data. Once this process is over, they will have more information on assistance services available.

This document describes the process of obtaining assistance from the USDA and FSA. Find contact information for your county’s USDA/FSA Service Center here.


nd says if growers have any questions, they can reach out to him at gke@ufl.edu.

About the Author

Abbey Taylor

Editor of VSCNews magazine and farm broadcaster

Share this Post


Sponsored Content